- Bride & Groom must both sign the application
- A valid driver's license or picture ID is required upon request
- Applicants who are 16 or 17 years of age must provide a certified copy of their birth certificate and have consent in writing, duly acknowledged and sworn to by their mother, father, or guardian. If a guardian is giving their consent, we will need a certified copy of the court order appointing them as guardian. The parent or guardian will also need a valid picture ID.
- Applicants 15 years of age and younger must get an order from the court along with all the requirements for a 16 or 17 year old before we can issue a license.
- Bride & Groom must both provide their social security numbers. If a social security number has not been assigned, then the applicant(s) will need the following:
- Written verification from the Social Security Administration that a number has not been issued
- A birth certificate or passport from the country where the applicant is a citizen
- Licenses issued in Idaho must be solemnized in Idaho.
- The fee for a marriage license is $28.00. We do not accept out of state checks.
PERSONS WHO MAY NOT MARRY
Marriages between parents and children, ancestors and descendents of every degree, and between brothers and sisters of the half as well as the whole blood, and between uncles and nieces, or aunts and nephews, are incestuous, and void from the beginning, whether the relationship is legitimate or illegitimate. All marriages between first cousins are prohibited.
All marriages contracted without this state, which would be valid by the laws of the state or country in which the same were contracted, are valid in this state, unless they violate the public policy of this state. Marriages that violate the public policy of this state include, but are not limited to, same-sex marriages and marriages entered into under the laws of another state or country with the intent to evade the prohibitions of the marriage laws of this state.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE
SHOSHONE COUNTY RECORDER
700 BANK ST. STE 120
WALLACE, ID 83873