Public Works Director
For 2011 Flood Damage Map & Information click here.
The Shoshone County Public Works Road & Bridge Department is responsible for the maintenance of approximately 377 miles of county roads. These roads are further broken down into the following surfaces
- 252.9 miles - Hot mix asphalt pavement
- 79.4 miles - Gravel - graded & drained
- 28.2 miles - Road or Cold Plant mix asphalt
- 14 miles - Asphalt less than 1" or dust suppressant treated gravel
- 2 miles - Earth - graded & drained
- 0.1 miles - Other
Employment Applications: (To see if we have any openings, click here.)
Shoshone County is located east of Kootenai and Benewah Counties, north of Clearwater County, south of Bonner County, and Montana borders it to the east.
Shoshone County Public Works is committed to serving the residents and visitors of our county to the best of our resources and abilities, and to maintain a safe and reliable road system.
Shoshone County Public Works
Database Administrator /
Purchasing / Secretary
District 1 (Murray)
District 2 (Smelterville)
District 3 (Osburn)
District 4 (Marble Creek)